Lost or stolen device
If your device has been lost or stolen, o2 is available 24 hours a day to help. They can block your device, and send you a new sim with your existing number. If your device has been stolen, you need to let them and the police know within 24 hours. If it’s been lost, just let them know within 24 hours. They will then cap your liability for calls and data to £100, in case there is any unauthorised use of your device.
If you’re a Pay Monthly customer, call on:
0344 809 0202, or +44 7860 980 202 if you’re abroad.
If you’re a Pay As You Go customer you’ll need to call:
0344 809 0222 or +44 7860 980 202 if you’re abroad.
If you’re a business customer, call:
0800 977 7337 or +44 7860 980 202 if you’re abroad.
If you have phone insurance, they will also help you make a claim and replace your mobile.
Making a claim
If you’re making an insurance claim, they transfer you directly to o2 Insure, who will process your claim. You’ll also need at least one of the following:
- A crime reference number from the police.
- A loss reference number from the police or a relevant authority (e.g. Transport for London).
- The name of the police station where you reported your phone lost/stolen, and the name and badge number of the officer you spoke to.
Contacting us o2
Once you have this info, you can get in touch straight away using Live Chat, or on the numbers above.
Problems paying your bill? o2 will help.
o2 are there to support you if you don’t think you’ll be able to pay your bill on time. There are lots of options they can discuss to help you when times get tough. Get in touch with their Payment Management Team who will find a solution that’s right for you. The options could include:
- Changing your bill date
- Moving you to a different tariff, if you’re on an o2 Refresh tariff bought on or after 22 March 2018
- Adding or lowering your Spend Cap, if you have one
- Keeping an eye on your usage and bill in My o2
- Setting up an affordable repayment plan to help you clear your arrears. If they do this, they might restrict some of your services, to stop you from incurring further charges
- Moving you to Pay As You Go. If you’re in contract, there’ll be an early termination fee in line with their terms.
Get in touch
You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm